Austin Bat Cave offers adult writing classes for writers of all skill levels. Because we want our programming to be accessible to writers of all backgrounds and income-levels, we are pleased to offer participants support through scholarships and payment plans.
The fees from ABC’s adult writing workshops subsidize our free writing programs for kids and pay our adult workshop instructors.
- Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, all classes meet virtually. Writing classes in Austin are usually held at the Austin Bat Cave offices.
- Class times are listed in Central Time (CT).
- All classes are non-refundable but are transferable to another person or to another class of equal or lesser value.
- The fees from ABC’s adult writing workshops subsidize our free writing programs for kids and pay our adult workshop instructors. A major factor in determining tuition rates is the instructor’s time and preparation outside of the classroom. Classes that provide students with highly-personalized feedback, such as long-term workshops, will generally be priced higher than courses that meet only once. If you have the means, we encourage you to consider donating to Austin Bat Cave and help arts education and literacy continue to thrive during these challenging times.
ABC is pleased to provide scholarships to those demonstrating financial need. A limited number of spots in each adult workshop are reserved for a special scholarship rate, which give participants up to 75% off tuition fees.
Scholarships are reviewed on a rolling basis, and each application is reviewed by multiple committee members before a decision is made. We strive to make a decision on scholarships within 3-4 weeks of when an application is received, and no less than one week before a course begins.
You may apply for a scholarship by going here.
- ABC Virtual Literary Salon: Take advantage of this free archive of reflections and writing prompts from authors in our amazing creative community including Karen Russell, Lara Prescott, and more!
Fall 2020 Classes
Past Workshop Leaders
Support Austin Bat Cave